Sunday, December 26, 2010

Feel the Burn

Today I am suffering from the greatest heat-stroke known to man! My body looks like a cooked lobster, my face is in an eternal blush, and I am waiting for the 'Great Peel' - the moment that my skin begins to flake from my body in the most unladylike manner!

Of course, it's completely my own fault. There I was, lying in the sun, watiting for my tan to unfurl...but instead...disappointment!


So now all I can hope is that, through some sheer luck and tenacious application of moisturiser, a tan does arise through my shrivelly tomato skin. I'm crossing every digit I have in hope...

But through all this pain, and unavoidable peeling, I (through gritted teeth) Say Thanks Anyway for the ability to even achieve this level of pain. I'm lucky enough to live in a house with a sparkling blue pool, and in a country with the best weather on earth. So red skin or not, I'm one lucky lobster!

No comments:

Post a Comment