Monday, December 6, 2010

Make it Write

I've been working on my first novel now for a few years. I'm one of those people who won't allow anyone to read my work. It's not only the fear of rejection (oh boy, do I have that in abundance!), but the ink on the paper almost takes on a life of its own; it illustrates little fragmentary parts of myself.

Very often my pen stabs at my own insecurities and miseries - and I'm not sure that I can bear to let people see that side of me!

And so I am left with this conundrum...a passion for writing - and an equal passion for privacy.

So I guess I'll have to Say Thanks Anyway for this blog. What I write here has absolutely nothing to do with my novel, and the style is completely different (read liberating) - but it does give me the chance to "expose" myself through an insurmountable veil of privacy.

If you're reading this, you've studied a piece of me. A piece I keep hidden. I piece that I often cannot decipher for myself.

And sharing this piece with you gives me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment