Thursday, November 25, 2010

Weight a second...

First up, you should all know that I am on Weight Watchers. Yes, that's exactly how paranoid I am about my ever-expanding waistline.

However, rather than standing in front of the mirror, drearily contemplating the deepening pit of cellulite that had acquired permanent residence status on my thighs, I took action. (Not instantaneous action mind you, I have been wallowing in my fat-rolls for some time now...)

In the past few weeks I have detoxed, displayed superhuman resistance to chocolate, and ultimately lost 5 kg.

But before you all break out into a spontaneous song-and-dance routine showcasing your tremendous support, I have some bad news. These past 3 weeks saw me gain 1.6 kg.

YES! I succumbed to the siren-call of cookie-dough!

But in the wake of this bad news, I find myself more determined than ever to lose the remaining weight. This setback is like a second wind to me.

And so it is (with a great appreciation of the irony) that i can Say Thanks Anyway for the added pounds. Without them weighing so heavily on my conscience I may have lost all resolve to conquer the bulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment