Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Different Shapes of Love

I have to admit, during some situations it's harder to interpret the positive undertones.

I've liked the same guy for a few years now. We're close friends - I see him all the time, we share secrets, stories, happiness - you get the gist.

But that's it. We're friends. No more, no less.

So when we went out last night, and he found a girl he was interested in, I must admit I wasn't quite sure how to handle it. Being the kind of person who never lets on to her emotions at all, I pretended to be happy for him - hell, I was his wing-woman, guiding him in the way of a woman's heart. Perverse some might say. I call it self-preservation.

Nothing came of his infatuation. Yes, I was pleased - but that's not really the point. The point is that at some stage he will strike gold, and I will have to learn to cope with it.

And so I suppose my silver lining is this: there isn't always going to be a happy ending with everyone you love. But I want to Say Thanks Anyway that I'm blessed enough to have this amazing man in my life (in whichever shape he comes) - life would be just that little bit more dreary without him!

1 comment:

  1. From now on, when referring to my friend, I shall address him by the code-name "Enigman" :)

    ReplyDelete